Meleur


Hello, Loves

I had the most amazing oppurtunity to walk the runway at The Night Of Queens Event, I walked in the showcase for designer Melissa Europa for her clothing line called Meleur.

I wanted to know more about this Fierce, Powerfull plus size designer as her clothes speaks to all woman out there, everything is designed to show of your curves and not hide them.

Melissa is so passionate about normalizing plus bodies and that's exactly what I'm about... I got some answers you were seeking and you are in for a treat below







Tell me About Melissa Europa?
I was born and raised in Mitchells Plain. My mother died when I was 11 years of age, but I carry her creativity in my blood, as she too was an artist. I grew up fast, hustled young and now I’m here. But I am grateful for the family that stuck by me, the friends that never made me feel out of place and friends’ parents who took the liberty and help raise me. I thank God for always being by my side.



When did you fall in love with fashion
I always carried an inner sense of style but only opened that can of worms after college, many would say fashion never makes money, if you carry the passion and desire, money will come after, your passion is your first love.

What inspires you?
Kimora Lee Simmons in a nutshell.

What is your favourite quote that you live by?
I have 3 quotes:
1. Don’t tell them, show them
2. A successful woman is someone that can build a firm foundation with bricks thrown at her, She is clothed in strength and nobility. Throw her to the wolves and she will end up leading the pack.
3. Lastly, Act like a lady, think like a man and work like a boss.

How did Meleur name come about?
Mel – Melissa
Eur – Europa
In French it means the best. (with correct spelling of course)


Tell us more about the brand Meleur
Meleur is a lifestyle brand that also focuses on plus size fashion, which is one of its entities.

Are you launching a Spring/Summer range 2016/17?
Yes I will be, but more of an online presence.

How can one purchase your garments?
Online or order via email.
www.meleur.com
info@meleur.com

What message do you have for women out there pursuing their dreams?
Every one of us has a dream. As women in business, we all carry a different destiny. We shouldn’t compete with one another but work together. Although someone might be pursuing the same field of work doesn’t mean that she is stealing yours. Always remember that nobody can take your creativity. Never loose hope in your dream, and never loose focus. People may distract you with negativity and doubt, but if your instinct tells you this is the right path, then embrace it. Lastly, always take the opportunities that come your way, regardless if it impacts you positively or negatively. What matters is how you handle the outcome so always remain humble. If the outcome is positive good for you! If it’s the opposite, take away the lesson learnt of not pursuing that direction again. We are all learning.

XO- Curvy Chic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thick Girl Supremacy

Summer Fever

Wet n Wild